Happy Halloween

This year Halloween was a hoot. I always love this holiday, mostly because of my obsession with costumes. It was unofficially Isabelle's first Halloween...she is fascinated by the ghosts hanging in our neighbor's trees and the spiders crawling up their houses. Unfortunately Halloween is always in the middle of my crazy-everyone's-gotta-get-married-or-celebrate-something-that-needs-a-cake-season (I am thankful!...tired, but thankful!), so poor Isabelle finally got a pumpkin on our front stoop about a week before trick-or-treaters came. And of course it didn't get carved. But, we all had our costumes!


Parents came to school for the toddler's halloween party. We watched them put stickers on everything but paper......and eat their yummy halloween cookie. What a treat to get in on the action with these adorable kids! We went to 2 playgroup halloween parties. It has become increasingly hard to take pictures at these things since my shy little girl doesn't like to let go of my hand until she gets in her groove. At our house, we managed to get the small group sitting together! A miracle! The bouncy house makes for lots of laughter! Cutie patootie. This year I made Brian wear a wig again in my attempt to make him look like me! I was his wedding cake, of course. We've had some good ones in years past, but I'm not sure I can top this. Brian, aka pastry chef Haines, kinda looked like a deadhead stoner by the end of the night. But, I'm not gonna lie, I thought he looked pretty cute as me. Yup, that's right, I thought I looked hot.Our clever friends, Jeff and Leigh Ann as an anti-protester and deviled egg!The pirate and shrek's wifeSaved by the Bell!Smurf and cowgirlThis was my all-time favorite moment. Normally I would require at least 5 more drinks to get out on the dance floor, but there was something so hilarious and fun about dancing as a cake. I felt compelled to do the robot all night. (that's Melissa as snooki!)Little Isabelle didn't get away without wearing her fish costume in full. We managed to get a few pics with the headpiece. Not sure you can tell it's a fish...but she was still stinkin cute. "What the heck is this on me, anyway?"Betsy Grace was beautiful Cinderella!
The three cousins sat still for a brief moment: Cinderella and her pumpkin, and the random fish that kinda looks more like a pumpkin.We went to our neighborhood parade...and gave out lots of cake scraps!I got so tickled when I saw the pizza eating pizza...you don't see that everyday. His parents were calling him their little cannibal!We had such fun visiting with neighbors, meeting new families and new babies, and watching all the kids run wild.Isabelle was definitely one of them!

Comments

Popular Posts