Christmas Memories
Ah, Christmas of 2014 now just a distance memory. As I say every rare time I post, where in the world does the time go? I still love the notion of having this blog, so I'm going to keep on as best I can, even if it is just a few times a year!
It was a joyous season, as always. I sent my assistant to Gingerbread Lane at Ballantyne Resort to take Isabelle and her best friend (and to take pictures so I could pretend like I also went). These days I'm into killing lots of birds with one stone, so this allowed me to a) feel like a good parent b) be a nice boss (my assistant wanted to go but needed a good reason!) c) get work done d) see the gingerbread creations and cute kids through photos. Lots of checks off that list!
Isabelle and Emmie on Gingerbread Lane
Another check off the list was a trip to the mall to see Santa. Honestly, I had been dreading it because I knew what we were in for: lots of tears shed by little man. But how could I pass up on the chance for a memorable photo pop? Isabelle had been a few times on her own, but we all needed the memorie of siblings on Santa's lap. Poor kid, the scream was SILENT. It was that bad. He was probably terrified on top of being pissed that his parents handed him over to some bearded stranger. This Christmas he was fully aware of Santa and who he is, but at the tender age of 2, he just doesn't quite understand how important Santa is to his truck collection.
This year I decided to branch out and offer more kids classes since I had such fun doing it the year before. I offered several Christmas cookie decorating classes, and every one of them left me with a feeling of such great satisfaction (and a mess of sprinkles, of course). It made me realize how much I love to share my love of baking and decorating with others, especially with children. The classes were so rewarding and so much less stressful than wedding cakes!
I love how Collier has proudly joined the big cousins at meal time. These big girls might wear him down, but it will be good for him!
It's safe to say that Collier was pretty happy to welcome his new (boy) cousin, Jamison just a few weeks before Christmas!
And here is the precious little new addition to our family, Jamison! He came into the world just 1 year and 11 months after Collier, so we are so overjoyed that Collier will have a little playmate. And Isabelle is thrilled to have a baby cousin!
Happy (and probably tired) parents with their 5 week old.
Look at the joy (and perhaps curiosity?) on Granddaddy's face when he received the Squatty Potty! When I saw this on Shark Tank I knew just who to give it to.
Cuties.
Two cute little boy cousins. One day these two are going to be trouble together!
It wouldn't be Christmas Eve without the reading of "The Night Before Christmas."
I've never known 2 kids to be more eager to brush teeth and go to bed! There was certainly magic in the air!
Santa came! Hurray!!! It was a BIG Christmas.
Give him anything with wheels and he's a happy boy!
A whole lotta stuff squeezed into that stocking! What spoiled kids.
I love how when people asked Isabelle what Santa brought her on Christmas, her only response was "an Elsa wig."
LOVE and JOY!






Comments
Post a Comment