God is Good
I admit that I have struggled with my faith from time to time. During the last few weeks I don't think I've ever prayed more in my life. As our loved one was struggling for her life, I was praying so hard it hurt. One week ago today, on Brian's birthday, we received news that Janelle, who was fighting a terrible bacterial infection, might not make it through the night. Brian and I were sobbing in each other's arms because we thought we might never see Janelle's beautiful face or hear her sweet voice again. I couldn't bear to think about how her family and her darling boys would get through this. And at that time I wondered how God could not answer so many prayers that day -- there were literally hundreds and hundreds of people praying for her. People say "God is good" but I couldn't understand how any good could come if we lost Janelle. I was sad, scared, and angry....but, I didn't stop praying.
And then the morning came. We barely slept that night and we were scared to get up, to hear the phone ring. As it turned out, that day was full of miracles. On the morning of November 5th we gained a precious new nephew, Brooks McClung Tucker, born to Brian's sister, Frances, and her husband, Eric. What a wonderful blessing it is to have a new healthy, beautiful baby in our lives! As I remember so well, just 4 short months ago, the gift of new life is the greatest miracle of all. That moment when I first met my daughter was the closest to God I had ever felt in my life! We were so thrilled by this news, but still on pins and needles, waiting to hear about Janelle's condition. But, the Lord was hard at work that day. He had sweet Janelle in the palm of his hand. It was a turning point...reports came back that her organs were functioning better and she was gaining strength. Hallelujah!!! By the end of the day we felt confident that she was here on this Earth to stay! God is good!
Now a week has gone by and Janelle is getting stronger and stronger by the day. She is now breathing on her own with an oxygen mask and recognizing people, even writing messages! Her family is by her side and she has SO many prayers coming from friends, family, and even "strangers" that she's never met! We are so full of joy over this great miracle!
Janelle, we all love you so much and we continue to pray for your strength and courage as you learn about your new life as an amputee. We will be by your side through this! Tucks, you have been so brave and we hope you feel peace and comfort from our love and prayers!
Please pray for Janelle and her family!!! www.caringbridge.org/visit/janellehansberger
And then the morning came. We barely slept that night and we were scared to get up, to hear the phone ring. As it turned out, that day was full of miracles. On the morning of November 5th we gained a precious new nephew, Brooks McClung Tucker, born to Brian's sister, Frances, and her husband, Eric. What a wonderful blessing it is to have a new healthy, beautiful baby in our lives! As I remember so well, just 4 short months ago, the gift of new life is the greatest miracle of all. That moment when I first met my daughter was the closest to God I had ever felt in my life! We were so thrilled by this news, but still on pins and needles, waiting to hear about Janelle's condition. But, the Lord was hard at work that day. He had sweet Janelle in the palm of his hand. It was a turning point...reports came back that her organs were functioning better and she was gaining strength. Hallelujah!!! By the end of the day we felt confident that she was here on this Earth to stay! God is good!
Now a week has gone by and Janelle is getting stronger and stronger by the day. She is now breathing on her own with an oxygen mask and recognizing people, even writing messages! Her family is by her side and she has SO many prayers coming from friends, family, and even "strangers" that she's never met! We are so full of joy over this great miracle!
Janelle, we all love you so much and we continue to pray for your strength and courage as you learn about your new life as an amputee. We will be by your side through this! Tucks, you have been so brave and we hope you feel peace and comfort from our love and prayers!
Please pray for Janelle and her family!!! www.caringbridge.org/visit/janellehansberger
All week I keep looking at this cute picture in a frame on our bookshelf. Janelle, Brian, and Melissa at Kiawah - 1992
Brooks Tucker, just a few days old! We can't wait to meet you!
The busy wedding season is not over yet. 3 wedding cakes last weekend...I'm afraid there were some tears inside the tiers!

Sometimes I think I can do it all. This lasted about 5 minutes.
Toolbox Groom's Cake
Bridge Cake
Isabelle is just as happy as can be these days. She makes it possible to smile even during the hardest times! She and Crockett are really starting to notice each other and love to play together!
Last week when I came to bed I found Crockett sleeping next to the crib. Best buddies!
Hmm...even Izzie likes those cake scraps!
Comments
Post a Comment