A Very Scary Halloween
Halloween is usually one of my favorite holidays. I love costumes, so almost every year I torture Brian by forcing him into some humiliating and uncomfortable ensemble. Naturally this year I was disappointed when I realized that I wouldn't be able to attend the Murphy's annual Halloween bash since I knew I would have to work on finishing 3 wedding cakes and a groom's cake the night of the party.
But this Halloween it was hard to feel festive. And it wasn't my workload that dampened the mood. On Friday we learned that Brian's relatives, the Tuck/Murphy family, had rushed down to Atlanta after getting news that their sweet Janelle had been infected by a terrible "flesh-eating" bacteria from a wound on her foot. After having had part of her leg (up to her knee) removed, she is still in critical condition as she fights off this infection.
Janelle is one of the kindest and most caring people I know. It doesn't make sense that something this horrific could happen to such a good person. But she is also one of the luckiest because she has such an amazing family and she is surrounded by SO much love and support. I am proud to be part of the family who will help her get through this.
Melissa, Kermit, Mac, Libby, Frances, Janelle, Jim, Haines, Brian
DeBordieu, 2008
The full bakement on Saturday morning:
We did manage to dress up our little one in a costume to match her sister, Crockett!
The full bakement on Saturday morning:Woof woof!
My family at the Cotswold Halloween Parade
Sweet puppy smiles
Me and my golden retrievers:
All the babies dressed up at playgroup! Too cute!!! Can you find my precious puppy?
We can't wait to see your sweet smile, Janelle! We love you so much!
Sweet puppy smiles
Me and my golden retrievers:Please keep Janelle and her family in your prayers!
Comments
Post a Comment