My good baby
One of the most common questions people asked me when I became a new mother was, "Is she a good baby?" Kinda funny when you think about it. Well, yes, of course she is a good baby! There's nothing bad about a precious little healthy, beautiful baby girl, is there? She is good in so many ways!

I swear this wasn't staged...believe it or not this sort of thing is a common occurence on the playmat. My 2 precious babies!!! 
But, what they were really asking was, "Is she an EASY baby?" Although I've truly loved every stage and every little minute with my baby, I will have to admit that Isabelle was not an easy baby....at least not in the beginning. It probably didn't help that I have 2 close friends with babies just days apart from Isabelle who were sleeping through the night at around 3 weeks, nursed well (still!) and barely ever made a whimper.
So here we are at 5 months and all I can say is, "What a GOOD baby!!!" She happily takes a bottle, she's sleeping through the night (for the most part!) and she smiles and laughs and squeals and she loves new people and new surroundings. It makes me think, "could it get any better?!" She is almost able to sit up on her own without "spotting" and I'm starting to think that these are the glory days. She's not mobile, so I can be sure that she won't get into mischief...she doesn't talk so she can't say, "go away, mommy" (as my friend's 2 year old says to her!) or "I hate you mom!!!" (as I probably said to my mom at age 16)...at this age she is the epidomy of sweet innocence. She can do no wrong! Really, how can it get better than this?
Crockett agrees.
She loves to stand up!Over the weekend we got to spend time with the extended family. Frances came in town with her 4 week old, Brooks, and family, so we all gathered at the Barksdales...including the Tucks, Murphys and sweet Hansberger boys! It was so wonderful to finally see them all and to give each of them a huge hug after the crazy ordeal that they have been through. It would have been even better if Janelle was there too, but it looks like she will be home soon and we are so grateful for the great progress she has made!
All of the cousins - Isabelle (5 months), Caden (7), Hill (5), Macon (11 months), Jim (6), Betsy Grace (16 months), Lauren (7), Brooks (4 weeks)
Dad of the Year - Kermit with Macon
Caden and Lauren are new step-siblings who started off as best friends...they are SO cute and loved "playing" with Isabelle. Izzie was a trooper!
FLASHBACK -Here they are with Isabelle, just 1 week old!
Butch (the baby whisperer)
And since I haven't posted cakes in a while, here's what I've been up to lately...
CCDS Football Jersey cake for a proud dad turning 50
50th Anniversary cake with gumpaste calla lillies
Baby Shower cakes...
Lego Cake for a 6 year-old
The White twins' 3rd birthday
Another 50th...
Comments
Post a Comment