Pollen, Pollen, Go Away
I know I'm not the only one out there who is sick of this pollen! And I don't even have allergies. But with a Golden Retriever and a crawling baby, the pollen is a constant mess, inside and out! I have always loved Crockett's beautiful furry and feathery coat (her leg hairs alone are probably 8 inches long!), but in the Spring and Fall that lovely coat grabs everything outside and brings it in (leaves, sticks, pollen, and God knows what else). Of course, when there's not "stuff" for her to bring inside, she's happy to drop off clumps of her fur which gather up in every little crevice of our home. Ah, the joys of having a dog! (Side note: Crockett is not allowed in the bakement, so we do have one area in our home that is free of hair and pollen!) It all used to be something we just dealt with and vacuuming once or twice a week seemed to suffice, but now that Isabelle a human mop (as she slides her legs across the floor all day), we have had to change our ways a bit.
Despite the masses of pollen that formed in our yard over the weekend, I was not about to stay inside on a beautiful day. So, I put Isabelle in a dirty pair of PJs and we all headed out to enjoy our Sunday afternoon outside.



Dog and baby are always a trip to watch...wherever Crockett is, Isabelle is, and wherever Isabelle is, Crockett is. Two peas in a pod...at least when Crockett isn't knocking Izzie over!

Despite the masses of pollen that formed in our yard over the weekend, I was not about to stay inside on a beautiful day. So, I put Isabelle in a dirty pair of PJs and we all headed out to enjoy our Sunday afternoon outside.
Isabelle was coated in the nasty stuff in no time at all...and of course I'm sure she snuck a bit in her mouth when I wasn't looking.
Of course they are always fighting over toys. Later that afternoon, Crockett snatched Sophie to get her back. 
Before our delightful (and dirty) Sunday afternoon, my weekend was full of wedding fun. I made my first (giant) crawfish out of red velvet cake. This groom's cake was for a bride and groom who met in a medical school class while dissecting a crawfish (hence the lab book and dissecting tools). Not your typical crawfish cake...well, not your typical cake, period!
And their wedding cake on Saturday. I was so nervous for my clients all week, having watched the weather I was certain that both outdoor weddings could be washed out. When the clouds parted and the sun appeared on Saturday afternoon, I knew everything would be just as beautiful as they had envisioned it. A bit windy, but beautiful!
Brendan and Mandy Dillashaw's cake at the Carolina Golf Club had a gorgeous backdrop with a view of the uptown cityscape. We were lucky enough to be at the fabulous wedding - what a fun evening!
My favorite month of all is right around the corner (no pollen, sunny days and clear blue skies, perfect temps)...YAY for MAY!
Comments
Post a Comment