Little Drunken Sailor
Finally our little Isabelle is walking. I know everyone says to enjoy the days before walking since once they learn to walk they quickly learn to run...away. But after almost 7 months of crawling I was tired of the dirty hands, dirty pants and callused knees. So when we came home from our weekend away and my parents told me that she's officially walking, I was very excited, and didn't quite believe it!
The past few weeks have been very busy...lots and lots of cakes, and unfortunately not much to show for them since I forgot to bring my camera on deliveries! (argh) All I can say is that rustic is IN...the tree stump stands are popular as ever, and gluten free cakes are on high demand these days. Ever since I decided to add gluten free cakes to my menu, word got out fast and I'm realizing just how many people suffer from celiac disease. Well, suffer no more! For Goodness Cakes is here to help! Believe it or not, my GF cakes really are tasty!
She first pulled up at 9 months so by 11 months I thought we were at most a month away from her first steps. And when first steps came I thought she'd be walking in a week...it turned out to be 6 weeks later! Our cautious little girl is just like me...she doesn't do it until she knows she can do it right!
So, for a week or so we had a little drunken sailor wobbling all over the house. Then she learned that asking for help was the best way to go, so she didn't want to go anywhere without a hand (or finger) to hold onto. Now our sailor is starting to sober up and she stumbles less and less every day. It is amazing how this new form of movement has turned my baby into a little person. My precious toddler is growing up so fast! It just keeps getting better and better and my heart keeps getting fuller and fuller!
Granddaddy giving her a helping hand as she leads him to Bedford Falls Toys store.
Isabelle went with me to EarthFare last week to get some gluten free ingredients...we love their grocery carts!!
Isabelle is loving school. She barely notices that I leave her when she gets dropped off and when I come back to pick up, she doesn't seem to want to go! I was amazed when I dropped her off on day 3 and her teacher announced that "the pro" had arrived. When I'm around she is SOO clingy, so it's hard for me to believe that she is such a star pupil...but what a relief! It's so fun hearing what her teachers have to say about her...apparently she spends most of her time in the kitchen (surprise, surprise!) and they say she's a "busy one". They are also amazed at her appetite...she finishes a whole sandwhich and some fruit everyday at lunch. What can I say? I'm a proud momma.
Brian and his childhood friend, Robbie, had a playdate, just like old times. Oh, and they decided to get their daughters in on the fun. We are so glad the Shaws are now in NC, so Finley and Izzie plan to have lots more playdates in the future!
Just another day at our house...Isabelle and Crockett play together all the time. They are quite the pair.




Comments
Post a Comment