The Cakes
Originally I didn't think I could pull off making a groom's cake for my brother. I really, really wanted to, but just didn't think I could squeeze it in. And I didn't have any great ideas for the design. If I was going to do it, it had to be really cool, clever, and funny.
A couple weeks before the wedding I thought, what the hell, the most important groom in my life (after my husband of course) needed a cake. My parents and I started brainstorming and my dad sent me a picture from one of my brother's favorite (and probably most feared) movies from his childhood. He's always had an obsession with sharks and one summer he refused to swim in Seneca Lake (where our family vacations) for fear that sharks were in it!
Here is my cake of Matt and Laurie sitting on the float on the lake with an unsuspected visitor approaching them. It was not intended to be a metaphor for marriage!
I tried a new technique for the wedding cake - gumpaste flowers attached to wired branches
And a few other April weddings...
Comments
Post a Comment