Glorious Glenora

It wouldn't be a regular end to August without posting about a hundred photos from my special home away from home, Glenora.  You can learn more about this place here and see pictures from last year here.  

So, this was Collier's first experience at "The Lake!"  Safe to say he loves it as much as we do.

These old rockers have been around for ages.  Now I know why my grandmother was always so nervous about me rocking on them as a little kid!


Paci babies snuggling after their naps.  We all learned how well a family of 4 (5 if you count the dog who also sleeps with us) can share a tiny space together.  We all slept together in one tiny cabin and somehow survived!  Collier liked to keep us on our toes with night wakings and Isabelle started a new routine of early morning snuggles in bed with daddy.  Even though it is a true cabin, completely separate from the cottage (by only a few feet ever since the addition to the cottage), Isabelle was always happy to go to bed.  I think she loved knowing that she'd wake up to see each of us, at first glance.  It's where I grew up sleeping with my family every summer (until my brother and I were old enough to stay alone in the old South Cabin, a bit deeper in the woods), and I remember the same feeling.  It's pretty cool.
 Little Dora was fascinated by binoculars!






 The North wind always brings spectacular clouds!
Izzy, putting on a show.

 Blowing bubbles down at the dock with my cousin and his soon to be wife.

 People always say how much my brother looks like my dad.  I never saw it.  Until now.  Twins!!
 Aunt Laurie and Cici doting on Collier
 My mom and her brother, Bill.  Being related to them is the reason we get to enjoy this special place every summer!
 LOTS of family was in town, and we enjoyed many nights sitting in the outdoor dining "room," drinking too much wine and chatting it up.

 Crockett plays hard and sleeps hard at the lake...
 Even when little fingers prefer her feet over toys.
 In the two weeks that we were in Glenora, Collier decided he was no longer content sitting still.  He has now learned to get into the sitting position on his own and pivot his way around the room.  Growing up way too fast!

Mama and baby deer spotting!

Men grillin'
 Ribbet.
 Toad Whisperer
 Lake baby cuteness (and beautiful grandma)
 The water was a little chilly this year.  By normal people's standards, Seneca Lake is always frigid.  We've gotten used to it though, so we think 73 degrees is "refreshing."  But this year, it barely got over 70.  Isabelle and Collier both preferred a boat ride!

 Next year will be his year down at the dock!  And I will be a worn out mama next summer.



 Refreshing!
Our water dog never tires of the lake.  She could jump off the dock over and over and swim for hours.  Here she's attempting to pull the boat in by rope.  
 We had our very first blueberry picking adventure!  What fun, and so yummy.


 Probably instagramming.




 Plenty for a couple blueberry cobblers.  Now I know why blueberries are not cheap!
 Chickens love them too!
 Fortune telling with aunt Laurie


Ice cream is the BEST in New York.  Who knew?  We rarely go through a day without a bowl of a new flavor.  No wonder Isabelle loves this place so much!
This is Isabelle's open-mouth-waiting-for-ice-cream-seconds face.
Da best!
 Loving newlyweds.

 When toys get boring, we give him big lake rocks to teeth on. 
Could be worse.
 Isabelle loves searching for tiny "seashells" hidden in the rocks.  Endless fun.

 Cutest lake baby ever!!  (Or at least since Isabelle)  
 Oooh, I could just eat him up.  I really cannot get enough of him.  I want him to stay at this precious, cuddly, perfect little do-no-wrong age forever!!!!  Please, please don't grow up, little guy.

 Collier was an early riser most mornings.  
Which wasn't all bad...




Who knows, this place might not feel like heaven if I could be there every day.  
Until next year...

Comments

Popular Posts