Back to Camp

Fall is here and what a treat it was to spend a weekend in the mountains just as the leaves were starting to change! I'm a bit behind on my blogging, but I have to share this wonderful time we had at my old stomping ground, Camp Merrie-Woode.

Two weeks ago we headed up to Cashiers (with Isabelle and a wedding cake, of course!) for a fabulous celebration of the marriage of 2 very special people. My dear friend from college, Tait Davidson, married an adorable family friend, Hunter Flint. The two actually met in Tanzania (learn more here), where they both live, and when Tait called to tell me that she had been hanging out with Hunter, I was so tickled because he was the kid I babysat in Junior High!!! I have very special memories from my early teen years of many nights at the Flint house - playing the run-around "Pru-Flint" chase game with Hunter, Peter and Sarah, putting them to bed, and reading them bedtime stories. Who would have thought that one day my friend would marry one of those cute kids?!
I grew up going to camp Merrie-Woode (for 2 years, until horseback riding became my exclusive summer activity) and I have some wonderful memories from this beautiful spot.This is my old cabin, Pow Wow! Maybe one day Isabelle will be a camper at Merrie-Woode!The weather all weekend was absolutely GLORIOUS! You could not set your thermostat with such perfection if you tried. Therefore, the outdoor ceremony was gorgeous. Look at these beautiful flower arrangements! Yes, of course I brought the cake! I am SO happy for Tait and Hunter - they are such a perfect match!The reception was an abolute blast, full of great music, dancing and good food (and the sweetest seranade from Hunter to his new bride that made every female's heart melt!). It was my first big outing since Isabelle's birth (and my first real night of partying (/drinking) since before pregnancy) so I decided to have a good time! We left Isabelle with her first non-family babysitter during the wedding (who happened to be a 60+ year-old man named "Cotton" with about 3 front teeth missing...ok, I might be exaggerating, maybe just 2 missing)...luckily she was in a nearby cabin so that I could check in easily. When I came to check in just before her feeding time, he reported that she'd been crying for the last 45 minutes during his attempt to feed her...and he suggested that she is probably teething (really, at 3 months?!!). Oh well, he did something good. That night was officially her first full night of sleep (7 pm feeding to 7:30 am feeding and she didn't wake up once from the time we got her at 11 pm till morning time!). She hasn't slept through the night since then...I might be giving Cotton a call pretty soon!
Little pouty face. Too cute.Isabelle is an outdoor girl!

Comments

Popular Posts