Oh Happy Day!
Happy Birthday, that is! To my dear, sweet little Isabelle. One year has passed since this little angel came into our lives and what a wonderful year it has been! My, what a difference a year can make.
It's crazy to think that a year and a day ago Isabelle was growing inside me and I was unaware of just how much love, pride and fulfillment I would gain once knowing her. She was the little prize I was about to win, the present I was about to open.
I knew that the moment we'd meet would be amazing, and that it would be the greatest miracle of my life so far. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think about what a miracle it is! But I didn't know just how much joy this little miracle would bring into my life...
She is still my little baby (and she always will be), but she has grown and changed so much. I loved every single little stage of her growth (even those dreadful days of reflux!...ok, well, maybe not loved) because I knew that every moment would soon become a distant memory, one that I will cling onto as best I can. Each and every precious day with my angel is one that I want to remember forever, because before I know it I will be comparing this picture below to a 30-some year old, like me!
1 year later!
Today was such a fun day of celebration! Not only are we celebrating Isabelle's birth, but also the birth of her new cousin, Sutton Jane Barksdale, who was born yesterday morning to Mac and Libby. Since she was 3 weeks early, she is not fully ready to breathe on her own, so she is still in the NICU, but doing wonderfully. I have not yet been able to meet her since she can have very few visitors but having seen pictures it is quite clear (even underneath all of the tubes!) that she is another beautiful little girl joining the family.
What did she like most? The tissue paper.
I love how Crockett always finds her way close to Izzie. 
It's crazy to think that a year and a day ago Isabelle was growing inside me and I was unaware of just how much love, pride and fulfillment I would gain once knowing her. She was the little prize I was about to win, the present I was about to open.
After visiting Mac and Libby in the hospital I am reminded of just how lucky I was to have experienced the first moment of Isabelle's life so intimately with her. She was handed to me within seconds after her first breath - her fresh little naked body in my arms. It was pure bliss. And a moment that I will hold onto and forever be grateful for.
This morning we spoiled our firstborn with some presents...
We had a fun lunch outing at Zada Jane's with Uncle Matthew and his girlfriend, Laurie. Happy baby!
Even happier bouncing on her new gift!
Of course a weekend rarely goes by without a wedding cake delivery!
A darn cute 1 year old.
Well, at least until we told her we didn't get her a pony for her birthday.
And then we broke the news that we couldn't get her the ipad she wanted.
But, we did see something pretty cool. Hawks bathing in the Ellie and Brun's bird bath! Well, I guess that's what it's for!
Yet another gift for the princess -- a red wagon! Looks like all the cousins were enjoying it!
Comments
Post a Comment