Still Celebratin'
You better believe we're still celebrating Isabelle's 1st birthday. Since Cici and Grandaddy were out of town on her big day, she got even more presents to open a few days later.
She got her first baby doll and stroller! Not too interested in the doll, but loves walking the stroller around!
Then we had a fun Independence Day celebration with all of the cousins. Babies everywhere! New cousin, Sutton, is still in the hospital but hopefully coming home tomorrow!
Isabelle and Betsy Grace chowing down together.
Hurray for America!
Isabelle having a "center of attention" moment.
Back at home she is still loving the stroller, but instead of pushing a baby around, she is pushing a bag of sand! Since the stroller is a bit too lightweight for her to easily push herself (not walking on her own yet!), the sand bag adds a little weight and support.
Aw, pat the sand bag. Who needs a baby when you have a bag of sand?
It's so amazing to think how much a person can grow and change in just one year....obviously the first year of life is the one of the most change and growth. Some things about Isabelle at 12 months that are starting to show us just who she is growing into:
-she loves food (just like momma)
-LOVES her pacifiers (in the crib)...sucks on one and holds another
-talks a lot, although we can't understand her
-can be demanding...knows what she does and doesn't want and will let you know!
-loves being in the swing, the stroller and the wagon...she will cry if I take her out too early
-she's mastered the art of whining
-her "chiclet" smile makes my heart melt...let's just say that if her permanent teeth come in the same way we'll be saving up for braces. As granddaddy says, just like Lauren Hutton!
-very ticklish...and you'll hear the cutest little chuckle when you hit the spot
-loves her water out of the sippy cup...HATES milk
-loves playing "chase" and "hide 'n seek"...we play the kind where she sees us hiding
-cautious, yet not afraid...she makes her moves carefully but some "scary" things (vaccuums, loud noises, dog barks, dog teeth) do not even faze her
-VERY sensitive...her little lip will start to curl if I softly say "no" when she's doing something she shouldn't be. A harsh "no" will make the tears start streaming. So far she's a goodie goodie (just like momma)!
-loves carrying things around...one hand is almost always holding something (yes, even when crawling) and it's usually an item of clothing. This girl already loves clothes.
-these days she is a Momma's girl--totally attached and hates being separated from me. It can be tiring, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love it!
So it's her 1st birthday. A big milestone, even though it's not all that hard to get there! Where's the party? Where's the cake, you ask? As most people who know me well know that I live for birthday parties...I remember each of mine growing up starting at age 4! So as far as I'm concerned it wouldn't be a 1st birthday without a party, and it certainly wouldn't be a birthday without a cake. We'll be transforming our backyard into the "Barksdale Beach" for her birthday bash this weekend...and of course she's getting a special cake!
Can't wait to see if she loves her first taste of cake as much as I did!
February 1980, it was love at first bite: 

Comments
Post a Comment