Revealing of the Sexes...
Well, now I feel bad about what I was saying in my last blog entry, about dreading going back to work. I really do have such a cool job, and one of my orders this week made me realize that!
A recent trend in the world of cakes is the "revealing of the sex" cake -- this is a cake with a pink or blue filling inside which I make for parents-to-be who want a sweet surprise when they find out the sex of their baby. They ask the ultrasound technician to write down the sex, put it in a sealed envelope and they hand it off to me so that I can make a surprise cake for them to share with family and/or friends and learn whether they are carrying a baby girl or boy. As you might imagine, I get a big thrill out of learning this exciting news even before the parents do!
This week, soon-to-be-parents of TWINS(!), Tyler and Clark Hammock, asked me to make 2 cakes for their "revealing of the sexes" party! They came to my house right after their doctor's appointment and gave me the sealed envelope with the big news...and when I opened it, I saw the little ultrasound pictures and was overcome with emotion - I couldn't help but get all teary-eyed. It seemed like just yesterday when I was looking at my ultrasound pictures, wondering if I was carrying a girl or a boy (we decided to wait to have the surprise in person!).
Of course all Tyler and Clark want are 2 healthy babies...but, let's be honest, doesn't everyone hope for one of each!? Well, they got it! Blue and Pink!!! What a wonderful blessing!
She's getting her little boy...and her little girl too! YAY!!!!
Speaking of sweet babies...here's mine in the bumbo for the first time. What a big girl she is getting to be!
She's not yet loving Crockett's kisses!
Comments
Post a Comment