This New Life

Welcome to my new blog!

Ever since I was a young girl, I have always enjoyed writing in a diary. I love looking back and reading about what I was doing and how I felt during different stages in my life. Most recently I started writing in a journal during a time when I was hoping and praying to start a family, which turned out to be just weeks before I learned that I was pregnant. What an amazing gift it is to look back and remember the roller coaster of emotions during that time...from desperately wanting to conceive to the overwhelming excitement (and fear!) of learning there was a baby growing inside me! Those next 9 months were filled with such wonder and amazement as my body transformed and we waited for this new family member (sex unknown!) to arrive.
Then came the most amazing day of my life - Isabelle was born and it was as if I started a new life. As a child, when asked what I want to be when I grow up, my quick response was "a mother". This was the role I had spent my entire life preparing for.
Never as a child did I dream of becoming a pastry chef, nor did I daydream about wedding cakes. But somehow I found this passion for making cakes...actually, the passion was really for art and baking, and I found a way to combine both!

So now I have these two "roles". I hope to be the very best that I can at both and I share this new journey with you!

Comments

Popular Posts