Cakes for ALL Occasions
I get asked to donate my services a lot (as most small businesses do) -- you wouldn't believe how many fundraisers there are in this great city of Charlotte! Although I know each and every little donation can help out a worthy cause, giving away a cake gift certificate here and there doesn't end up feeling all that gratifying. What really feels good is to actually see how my skills can directly influence people, so I make an appearance at the Community Culinary School of Charlotte every so often to teach a beginner's class of cake decorating.
CCSC is where students who have experienced barriers to employment have come to learn more in the field of culinary arts. Everytime I come I am always amazed to see how eager the students are to learn, and when I show them my portfolio and demo icing a cake, they make me feel like a celebrity! Sharing my skills and my love for cakes is most certainly my favorite way to "give back."
CCSC is where students who have experienced barriers to employment have come to learn more in the field of culinary arts. Everytime I come I am always amazed to see how eager the students are to learn, and when I show them my portfolio and demo icing a cake, they make me feel like a celebrity! Sharing my skills and my love for cakes is most certainly my favorite way to "give back."
Recently I spent an afternoon with the students of Class 39...


All of the finished cakes.
You can see more pictures from our day of cakes here.
Comments
Post a Comment